In my divorce papers for alimony.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Flint, MI

In our divorce papers it states that if my ex cohabitates with a member of the opposite sex that is not a family member alimony is to terminate.My daughter and her boyfriend moved in with her after divorce.Does my daughters boyfriend count as cohabitant under this wording?

1. Laurel Stuart-Fink

Pro

1

Answered . Cohabitation in this context refers to someone romantically involved with the person receiving the alimony payments-not platonic roommates.

2. Neil M. Colman

Pro

1

Answered . No. That is to say, as long as she's not having a romantic relationship with your daughter's boyfriend. The language infers a romantic relationship.

Neil M. Colman
    www.divlawyer@gmail.com