In missouri does the mediator make a reccomendation to the judge or is what was said in mediation not to be mentioned to the

Saint Louis, MO |

In Missouri, what is said in mediation is absolutely confidential. About the only exception I could possibly imagine would be if a parent admitted to abusing a child...but even that is questionable. Mediators do NOT make recommendations to judges in Missouri. They are there to facilitate settlement.

I am a licensed attorney practicing in the St. Louis/ St. Charles, Missouri areas. Our firm's answers to questions posted on this site are for general informational purposes. There is NO attorney client relationship between the person posting the questions and our law firm - The Family Law Group, LLC. Required disclaimer: The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. This website, or other legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Please contact a Missouri Attorney for a consultation on your particular divorce matter. Our answers are not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of Missouri, unless litigation is occuring in Missouri.

Mediator does not comment to the court.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody