In Minnesota, do I need to go to court to change my name back to my maiden name?

Eden Prairie, MN |

I have been a widow twice and I would like to go back to my maiden name

Name change is a separate court proceeding. Yes, you need to go to court. The process is simple.

Yes, you need a court order. As counsel stated, it's a fairly easy procedure to name change in Minnesota.

www.majeskilaw.com

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Yes. It's a fairly easy process. I have placed a link below to the court forms that will need to be filed. An attorney would likely make the process more comfortable for you, but you would likely be able to file the forms by yourself.

Dana C. Rindahl is an attorney/partner at Perez & Rindahl Law, LLC. We are located at 842 Raymond Avenue, Suite 200, Saint Paul, MN 55114. Any information we have provided on this site does not establish an attorney/client relationship. We encourage you to contact us for a formal consultation that will allow for us to both obtain more information from you and to look at all of the evidence surrounding the case. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 763-463-0367.