In Michigan, what exactly is a Domestic Relations Pre-Trial Statement for when you're divorcing and you don't have any kids?

What is done with the statement and how does it affect the outcome of your divorce?

Ann Arbor, MI -

Find Out More

Henry S. Gornbein

Henry S. Gornbein

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Birmingham, MI

Hi, Every county has different procedures. In Washtenaw County this statement is used to give the court an idea as to assets, liabilities and income as well as what the issues are. It is for information and will not necessarily affect the outcome of your divorce. I urge you to talk to an attorney for advice and information. Good luck to you.

Henry Gornbein

Sponsored Listing
Peter L. Conway

Peter L. Conway

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Lapeer, MI

The pre-trial statement is used in conjunction with the pre-trial conference, where the judge works to see what issues have been agreed upon and what issues have not and to map out the course of the case through trial.