In marital dissolution cases, aren't California courts mandated to provide timely equitable distribution of community property?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sanger, CA

Filed for divorce and equitable distribution of community property in 2008. Instead, based on unproven claims of domestic violence, the court fraudulently conveyed all property to one party and then refused to set further hearing on the issue and further vex lit'd me from filing anything further. I still own the property but have no right to go near it. It is being rented out and I have no say in it.

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

1

Answered . 1. If you're still an "owner", then the court didn't "convey" it to your ex, they gave her exclusive use pending trial. If the court made that order, the court must have determined that there was "proof" of the claims of DV.

2. If the court determined you to be a vexatious litigant, you must have repeatedly filed frivolous stuff, to the point where the court took this fairly unusual step. You can still proceed, but you have to get pre-filing approval for your filings, or you have to hire a lawyer. Get the divorce set for trial.

2. John Naumovski

Pro

Answered . I agree with the above attorney's advice