In ma can My landlord enter my apartment without notice? My lease instances te entry but doesn't mention notice.

Asked over 1 year ago - Worcester, MA

He consistently comes over, and if i.don't answer my door (showering or otherwise undressed) he proceeds to let himself in.

1. Julie Court Molloy

2

Answered . Your landlord is only allowed to access your residence after giving you "reasonable" notice, which s generaly interpreted to mean at least 24-hout's notice. Give him written notice, by hand, and regular and certified mail through USPS, that he is not permitted to enter at will, but only upon 24-hour's written notice to yet, except in case of absolute emergency (fire/police), and inform him if he continues with his unlawfful entries you will file suit against hime for invasion of privay, and breach of the warranty of habitability and quiet enjoyment of your home. If he continues in his unlawful conduct, file suit against him using the summary process (eviction) complaint for damages.

2. Henry Lebensbaum

Answered . Only if it an emergency.