In ma can My landlord enter my apartment without notice? My lease instances te entry but doesn't mention notice.

Worcester, MA |

He consistently comes over, and if i.don't answer my door (showering or otherwise undressed) he proceeds to let himself in.

Your landlord is only allowed to access your residence after giving you "reasonable" notice, which s generaly interpreted to mean at least 24-hout's notice. Give him written notice, by hand, and regular and certified mail through USPS, that he is not permitted to enter at will, but only upon 24-hour's written notice to yet, except in case of absolute emergency (fire/police), and inform him if he continues with his unlawfful entries you will file suit against hime for invasion of privay, and breach of the warranty of habitability and quiet enjoyment of your home. If he continues in his unlawful conduct, file suit against him using the summary process (eviction) complaint for damages.

No attorney-client relatonship is created in responding to this question, and advice provided is based solely on very limited facts presented, and therefore may not be correct. You are advised that it is always best to contact a competent and experienced with the practice of law in the county in which you reside, particularly as it relates to family law, child support, custody and visitation (a/k/a "parenting time") issues, including 209A abuse-prevention restraining orders (a/k/a "ROs" in legal-speak), regarding un-emancipated children, under the age of 22.

Only if it an emergency.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant