In Louisiana, can an heir , who is estate administratrix of an intestate succession , move property lines around to benefit self

Jennings, LA |

an administratrix , also and heir of succession, moved property lines around and bought property to benefit self without getting other heirs permnission to move property lines.

1. The administratix has a fiduciary duty to the co-heirs. The courts give great latitude to the administratrix. Removing the administratrix is extremely difficult but if you can prove what you allege, you may be able to undo things. The problem of course is that the administratrix can fight you with your own money while you will have to hire your own attorney. Hopefully you have a good relationship with any other heirs.

This response does not creat an attorney client relationship. In all cases, I recommend you seek a paid consultation with an attorney with expertise in this area.

2. I agree with Mr. Conroy. I would focus in the fiduciary duty that the administratrix has. You should, at minimum, consult with an attorney as quickly as possible. Even paying the consultation fee, without future representation, would likely be worth the knowledge and understanding that you can obtain.

Best of luck.

Joshua S. Guillory
    www.jsguillorylaw.com

Answers posted by me on this site are not to be considered legal advice and do not create an attorney-client relationship. I am currently licensed to practice law in Louisiana. I advise those seeking legal representation to contact an attorney for a consultation. Feel free to visit my firm's website at www.jsguillorylaw.com. Please note that visiting my firm's website also does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Estate planning topics