In Kentucky, is it legal for two men, one fifteen years of age and the other eighteen, to engage in any sort of sexual action?

Asked 12 months ago - Horse Cave, KY

Criminal law

1. Frank Mascagni III

5

Answered . The age of consent in KY is 16:

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE
    Chapter 510. SEXUAL OFFENSES
    Current through 2013 Ky. Acts ch. 134
    § 510.020. Lack of consent

(1) Whether or not specifically stated, it is an element of every offense defined in this chapter that the sexual act was committed without consent of the victim.
    (2) Lack of consent results from:
    (a) Forcible compulsion;
    (b) Incapacity to consent; or
    (c) If the offense charged is sexual abuse, any circumstances in addition to forcible compulsion or incapacity to consent in which the victim does not expressly or impliedly acquiesce in the actor's conduct.
    (3) A person is deemed incapable of consent when he or she is:
    (a) Less than sixteen (16) years old;
    (b) An individual with an intellectual disability or an individual that suffers from a mental illness;
    (c) Mentally incapacitated;
    (d) Physically helpless; or
    (e) Under the care or custody of a state or local agency pursuant to court order and the actor is employed by or working on behalf of the state or local agency.
    (4) The provisions of subsection (3)(e) of this section shall not apply to persons who are lawfully married to each other and no court order is in effect prohibiting contact between the parties.
    Cite as KRS 510.020

History. Amended by 2012 Ky. Acts ch. 146, § 124, eff. 7/11/2012.

Amended 2006, Ky. Acts ch. 182, sec. 30, effective July 12, 2006. -- Amended 1988 Ky. Acts ch. 283, sec. 10, effective July 15, 1988. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 82, effective January 1, 1975.

2. Peter Christian Komar

2

Answered . I would contact a local attorney you help you out,

3. Kevin Keith McKain

2

Answered . Yes.

4. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . A 15 year old is not a man yet and the 18 year old might find himself engaging in a lot more sex with fellow inmates, if you catch my drift.