In Kentucky, can I lose my kids if my boyfriend fails a drug test because of marijuana?

Salyersville, KY |

I lost my kids August 2013 and I have been trying to get them back. I lost them because I was unaware of the court date and lived in a different state (Ohio) with my kids for nine months. My ex husband and the courts did not notify me of court date. He was awarded custody because he showed up to the court by default and he came to Ohio and took the kids. I have moved back to Kentucky since.This month they are going to order a hair follicle drug test on me and my ex-husband. I will definitely pass it. However, I have a boyfriend who lives in a different county. He only comes and sees me every now and then. He smokes marijuana but never when he's around me or my kids. They said at the court date that my boyfriend would have to be drug tested too. Will this affect me getting my kids back?

1. Sure a failed drug test could have an adverse effect on the judge's ruling.