In Indiana is it a crime to threaten to kill someone?

Indianapolis, IN |

My uncle has priors and has been to prison. He has threatened my life to family members via text, but has not threatened me personally. What recourse do I have?

1. Threatening to kill someone may be considered Intimidation. All criminal offenses in Indiana are commenced by Information or Indictment through the prosecuting attorney of the county. If you believe a person has committed a crime against, the first step is to contact your local police agency to have it investigated. If the facts are there, the prosecutor may file charges.

Requesting, receiving, or accessing general information on Avvo or other web sites does not create an attorney client relationship. If you have specific questions on which you wish to receive legal advice from Paul Stanko, you may contact him by telephone (888-778-2656), email (indianadui@yahoo.com), or you may go to his web site: www.indianalaw.to. Paul Stanko is licensed to practice in Indiana only.

2. Context is everything. If you believe there to be a real danger that he will harm you, you must make a police report.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com