In Indiana is it a crime to threaten to kill someone?

Asked about 2 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

My uncle has priors and has been to prison. He has threatened my life to family members via text, but has not threatened me personally. What recourse do I have?

1. Paul Stanko

Pro

1

Answered . Threatening to kill someone may be considered Intimidation. All criminal offenses in Indiana are commenced by Information or Indictment through the prosecuting attorney of the county. If you believe a person has committed a crime against, the first step is to contact your local police agency to have it investigated. If the facts are there, the prosecutor may file charges.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

Answered . Context is everything. If you believe there to be a real danger that he will harm you, you must make a police report.