In Illinois what does inmate court disposition mean?

Asked 12 months ago - Wood Dale, IL

Person is Looking at 3 felonies. Started to go to court in may , it was put off until aug 1st now it's listing as inmate court disposition , appearance , discovery or disclosure . I'd like to know what this means?

1. Joshua Sachs

3

Answered . Just taking a guess. It sounds like some sort of a note on your writ that the DOC officer brings to court and then takes back to the jail. It is an internal note for DOC records and has no legal significance, just like the kind of note that the prosecutor or defense attorney might write on the file jacket. Of course, one would have to see the document to be sure. If you are reading something from the court docket then of course my explanation is not correct.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . From the procedural standpoint, it is an internal marking on the inmate file's jacket by the DOC to keep the notes on the case status for the DOC itself, not for the court file.