In Illinois, does a seat belt citation violate court supervision for a speeding citation issued 2.5 months ago?

Champaign, IL |

In September I was ticketed in Massac County, IL for driving 82 mph in a 65 mph speed limit zone. I paid the fee for court supervision which lasts for 3 months. On Dec. 2, I was cited for not wearing my seat belt. Does the seat belt citation violate my supervision?

My seat belt citation was in Champaign County (pulled over in downtown Champaign by city officer).

1. Seat belt citation resulted in a supervision per se is not a moving violation and therefore does not trigger violation as explained by a prior counsel.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. More infirmation is necessary to answer your question. The state or municipality that issued the first citation can under certain circumstances seek leave to file a violation of supervision. It is doubtful in your described case. Also, were any additional tickets given in the underlying case(the case that is the basis for the supervision)?

Of course every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced attorney before acting.