In Illinois, does a seat belt citation violate court supervision for a speeding citation issued 2.5 months ago?

Asked about 3 years ago - Champaign, IL

In September I was ticketed in Massac County, IL for driving 82 mph in a 65 mph speed limit zone. I paid the fee for court supervision which lasts for 3 months. On Dec. 2, I was cited for not wearing my seat belt. Does the seat belt citation violate my supervision?

My seat belt citation was in Champaign County (pulled over in downtown Champaign by city officer).

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

1

Answered . No.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . Seat belt citation resulted in a supervision per se is not a moving violation and therefore does not trigger violation as explained by a prior counsel.

3. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

Answered . More infirmation is necessary to answer your question. The state or municipality that issued the first citation can under certain circumstances seek leave to file a violation of supervision. It is doubtful in your described case. Also, were any additional tickets given in the underlying case(the case that is the basis for the supervision)?