In GA is a person who is 16 charged as a juvenile or an adult for burglary? The total amount for items stolen was over $10,000.0

Mcdonough, GA |

The total amount for items stolen was over $10,000.00. He broke into a residence in a subdivision and stole the items with a friend.

If this is the juvenile's first (or second, or third) burglary, they will be tried as a juvenile. However, if this is the fourth burglary and the first three were adjudicated at separate court appearances, the Court is required to transfer the case to Superior court and, in that case, a child over the age of 15 will be charged and prosecuted as an adult.
    I would be happy to speak with you if you'd like further insight.

Best of Luck,

Lisa Harris

2. Juvenile. I would be happy to discuss this case with you in detail. 404-812-4305

3. The 16 year old will be charged as a juvenile.

Thanks for reading my response to this question. If your found this answer "Helpful" or "The Best Answer" PLEASE MARK IT, because Avvo awards me points. Thank you! Note that the questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.