Skip to main content

In GA do you need one or both parents consent to marry a minor

Dallas, GA |

the minor has a child

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If the minor is over 16, she can marry with both parents' consent, if the parents live together. If they are divorced, separated, or one is deceased or unavailable (out of state), then the parent having custody of the minor may consent. It does not matter that the minor has a child (under Georgia law, may be different in other states).

I am exclusively a family law attorney, practicing primarily in the metro Atlanta, Georgia trial courts. However, I handle appeals from anywhere in Georgia.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer