In form I-485 what would be the "current USCIS status" if I am out of status after being an f-1 student unitil 2008?

Pella, IA |

I am married to my wife who is a US citizen , we are filing our application for my green card. 2 questions I came across were; current status and basis of eligibility in for I-485. hope someone can pinpoint me with the correct answer.

As for your first question, write down F-1. If your I-94 contains a "D/S" you can only be out of status when the government has made a formal finding of status violation by you. As for your second question, mark option (a).

In form I-485, what do mark for "Were ever inspected by immigration officer?" under "Processing Information"?

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

If you came in on a visa and you were given an I-94, mark "yes".

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Mark "yes" because you came in on a student visa.

thank you.

I'm assuming your I-130 was approved. If it was, just put "I-130 Approved" in that spot. You should be good to go.

We are sending both forns and supporting documents for approval.

Ibraheim Nidal Shalabi

Ibraheim Nidal Shalabi

Then put "NONE". It'll be ok.

I'd put "none" - you have no legal status. Don't be concerned with this, though. Since you are applying for a green card as a spouse of a US citizen, you remain eligible despite being here without lawful status for the last 5 years. Be sure to consult an immigration lawyer to eliminate other issues that may preclude you from obtaining a green card.