In Florida, does sealing a record also seal it on the NCIC/FCIC?

Destin, FL |

Does the court automatically send the seal request to the NCIC/FCIC?

NO. This is a separate process and must be initiated by you. In order to seal or expunge you must meet FDLE requirements based upon the charge and several other factors.you are only eligible once in your lifetime to seal or expunge. Consult with an attorney in your area.

John S. Riordan, Esq., is a partner with Kelley, Kronenberg, Gilmartin, Fichtel, Wander, Bamdas, Eskalyo & Dunbrack running the West Palm Beach Criminal Defense and White Collar Crime Division. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. He can be reached at (561) 886-2620 for a free consultation. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

2. NO it does not. You have to obtain a certificate of eligibility, then apply to the court. If granted, the clerk will forward to FDLE, law enforcement agency and institute their own sealing process. If you add the FBI to your order, the clerk may send it but the FBI will reject it, indicating they do not have to follow a state judge's order.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.