Skip to main content

IN FLORIDA < Can I be made to pay past age 18 if my Divorce degree says support ends at 18, when child still in school till 19,

Sanford, FL |

My child is turning 18 soon, my divorce degree filed in 2004 states support ends at age 18, My child wont graduate till age 19, Can I be made to pay till then , I know a new law went into effect in 2011 in FL, as to date s givin on support orders as to dates they are to end and when and to whom child the support should end on and to how much support is to drop depending on how many children were in the order at time it was filed, I need to know Am I required by law to pay till age 19 now because of that new law. as My degree says 18 prior to the new law in 2011 , the law is so confusing .could you explain please. My attorney saying if she dont file by his age 18, then when he turns 18 she cant file after that to get child support till he reaches 19 and graduates , is that correct?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Your attorney's advice is correct.

    Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

  2. Listen to your attorney. She clearly knows what she is doing and is protecting you.

    This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272

  3. It appears as if you are represented by an attorney. You attorney has all the facts in your case and is in a better position to give you the advice you need. You should listen to your attorney.

    This answer is provided for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics