In federal lawsuit, after defendant answer do I immediately send them my interrogatories,request for admissions,etc.(discovery)?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Carrollton, GA

I've served them and now waiting for an answer.

1. Dean Richard Fuchs

Answered . No. Assuming your case is pending in the US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the discovery period does not typically begin until 30 days after the defendant files its answer, at which point you are free to serve your interrogatories, request for admissions and request for production of documents. Between now and then, you will need to file your Initial Disclosures, participate in an Early Planning Conference and in preparing the Preliminary Report and Discovery Plan, all of which are required by Local Rules.