In demanding for sanction when filing a motion to compel further responses, can I demand for other expenses such as printing

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

and mailing expenses, in addition to the filing fee of $60? Is $60 all I can recover should my motion be granted?

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

8

1

Answered . Yes, the filing fee of $60 plus some incidental expenses such as copying and postage. But that is pretty much it if you are representing yourself in pro per.

2. Robert Bruce Kopelson

6

1

Answered . Copying and postage sound reasonable to me. Make sure you include in your declaration, how much you incurred in such costs, and possibly attach receipt as an exhibit to the declaration. Make sure the notice of motion has in it that you are seeking sanctions/costs of $____, and if you are seeking them against opposing counsel or the other party. I usually seek them against both.

3. Sagi Shaked

Pro

4

1

Answered . Yes if it is reasonable charge.