In December of 2011 my hand was slammed in the door of a metro bus. I let the driver know what she had done and emailed the...

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

the incident to metro.net. I recieved a prompt response to my email, requesting additional information. I then, continued to email additional incidents to the carrier to let them know of additional incidents of which I witnessed. At some point the individual corresponding with me gave me a link to the claims department.

I did not complete the form, and am continuing to have problems with my wrist and hand...I am scheduled for an orthopedic appointment October 11, 2012 at 9am...

Whatever the diagnoisis, have I hurt myself in not obtaining the services of an attorney?

The date of the incident was December 16, 2011...Thanks in advanced...Also, I was slammed in their door before, and the pain went away...I just assumed that this would as well...

1. Alison Swicker Gokal

12

1

Answered . Do you know if the bus that slammed your hand was a city/government bus? If so, you had 6 months from the date if loss to file a claim. This requirement can be stretched but ONLY for good cause.

I suggest you immediately contact a local personal injury attorney to look through all of the documents to see if you have a cause of action. In the meantime, get all the medical help that you need.

2. Marc Lazarus

9

Answered . You should immediately contact an attorney to see if you can get leave to file a late claim.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

9

1

Answered . On Monday of next week, contact an attorney that works on personal injury cases. I am afraid you have let too much time pass but the attorney will let you know for sure!

Good luck!