Skip to main content

In converting a ch13 to 7. What kind of differences will there be in converting to new means test form 22a?

West Palm Beach, FL |

I am converting to ch7 married filing single with declaration of separate households to remove spouses income. I have two cars and planning to surrender one with conversion due not being able to deduct or afford. I have left my home and rented an apartment . What kind of deductions may be availiable to me.

Attorney Answers 3


You have a lot of deductions, too many to state here. You should take the practice means test to seek this information. See link below.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


I suspect that without their computer software, most BKC attorneys would be unable to hand-figure the means test. That may or may not include me. There are a zillion websites with means test applications, but here is the thing, you may not even have to complete the entire Form 22A if your income, now that you have a separate household and will not be including your spouse's income, falls below the median income in the State of Florida.

You can get the form from the local court's website at; along the left hand side click on the 5th link from the top and then "Official Forms". Problem is the official forms do not provide you with the national standards for expenses permitted.

I hope you found this response to be helpful. If so, your clicking "helpful" and/or "best answer" helps my Avvo rating and would be appreciated. This answer shall not be considered rendering legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. Avvo is a wonderful resource but nothing can substitute for an in-depth consultation face-to-face with a lawyer. The response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

1 comment

Kevin Christopher Gleason

Kevin Christopher Gleason


Well said!


You did not state your annual income. That is the key. I assume your lawyer knows your situation. Some trustees demand a new Means Test; some don't. Your lawyer can quickly go through the test with you. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics