In Connecticut, What degree of Conspiracy do you need in order to be sentenced for three years?

Asked over 1 year ago - New Haven, CT

A man is convicted of conspiracy but I do not know to what. All I know is that he is sentenced for three years.

1. Christopher Thomas DeMatteo

Pro

2

Answered . You can find the conviction by looking up the person on the judicial branch website.

2. James Richard Miron

Answered . Criminal offenses in Connecticut are classified as felonies, which are punishable by imprisonment for over one year, and misdemeanors, which are punishable by imprisonment for not more than one year. In turn, felonies are classified according to severity as capital, class A, class B, class C, and class D. Misdemeanors are classified as class A, class B, and class C. There are unclassified felonies and misdemeanors which are punishable by imprisonment but not designated under one of the classes listed above.
    Attempt or conspiracy is a crime “of the same grade and degree as the most serious offense which is attempted or is an object of the conspiracy, except that an attempt or conspiracy to commit a class A felony is a class B felony” (CGC § 53a-51). If someone is convicted of attempt or conspiracy to commit a crime that carries a mandatory minimum sentence other than a class A felony, the offender would be subject to that mandatory minimum sentence (see State v. Moran, 264 Conn. 593 (2003)).