In Connecticut, What degree of Conspiracy do you need in order to be sentenced for three years?

New Haven, CT |

A man is convicted of conspiracy but I do not know to what. All I know is that he is sentenced for three years.

You can find the conviction by looking up the person on the judicial branch website.

Criminal offenses in Connecticut are classified as felonies, which are punishable by imprisonment for over one year, and misdemeanors, which are punishable by imprisonment for not more than one year. In turn, felonies are classified according to severity as capital, class A, class B, class C, and class D. Misdemeanors are classified as class A, class B, and class C. There are unclassified felonies and misdemeanors which are punishable by imprisonment but not designated under one of the classes listed above.
Attempt or conspiracy is a crime “of the same grade and degree as the most serious offense which is attempted or is an object of the conspiracy, except that an attempt or conspiracy to commit a class A felony is a class B felony” (CGC § 53a-51). If someone is convicted of attempt or conspiracy to commit a crime that carries a mandatory minimum sentence other than a class A felony, the offender would be subject to that mandatory minimum sentence (see State v. Moran, 264 Conn. 593 (2003)).

Confidential information should not be disclosed on this website, since it is available for viewing by any member of the public. Any answer I submit on this site does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with you nor or they intended to be legal advice to you or anybody else. The answers I provide are meant for general educational purposes only. Viewers of these answers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel on the specific facts and circumstances in question from an attorney licensed in their jurisdiction. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship between the user and Jim Miron or any lawyer(s) or law firms associated with Jim Miron and is not protected by the attorney-client privilege.