In Colorado can child support be non-modifiable for a period of one year if parents agree? or is it always modifiable by law?

Want 1 daughter to live w/father for one year. She's 16. Want other daughter to remain at home,but with set amt. of support $ for that one yr. period. Can ex and I put into a modification that he must pay the set amt. agreed to for a period of one year for the child still at home with me? Or, is it CO law that he can always modify regardless of any other agreement?

Colorado Springs, CO -

Daniel Nelson Deasy

Daniel Nelson Deasy

Child Custody Lawyer - Centennial, CO

It is ALWAYS modifiable.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Business Attorney - Greenwood Village, CO

It is always modifiable. That being said, it is only subject to modification when one of the parties files a motion to modify child support based on changed circumstances that would amount to a change of more than 10% in support. The court can only go back to the date of the filing of the motion to modify chill support. So, if you mutually agree informally not to modify until after at least a year passes, simply wait that time before filing your motion to modify. Good luck

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Child Custody Lawyer - Lancaster, OH

Anything having to do with kids, including child support, is modifiable.

Related Advice