In Colorado can child support be non-modifiable for a period of one year if parents agree? or is it always modifiable by law?

Asked 11 months ago - Colorado Springs, CO

Want 1 daughter to live w/father for one year. She's 16. Want other daughter to remain at home,but with set amt. of support $ for that one yr. period. Can ex and I put into a modification that he must pay the set amt. agreed to for a period of one year for the child still at home with me? Or, is it CO law that he can always modify regardless of any other agreement?

Ex pressuring me to have daughter move in NOW,before modification approved by judge. It has not been signed,nor submitted yet to court.He and daughter are in collusion to push me to get her over there NOW, but I want to wait until filed and approved. He now says he won't agree to paying amt.$ support for other child remaining with me unless I agree to let daughter go to his house now. She wld. be changing schools too again.Daughter being disrespectful, and ex. Don't trust ex since he tried to lower child support day after divorce final back in 2005.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

7

1

Answered . It is ALWAYS modifiable.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . It is always modifiable. That being said, it is only subject to modification when one of the parties files a motion to modify child support based on changed circumstances that would amount to a change of more than 10% in support. The court can only go back to the date of the filing of the motion to modify chill support. So, if you mutually agree informally not to modify until after at least a year passes, simply wait that time before filing your motion to modify. Good luck

3. Lee Alan Thompson

3

1

Answered . Anything having to do with kids, including child support, is modifiable.