In car accident got injured hired lawyer, other party was fault now they got lawyer saying it's not if win will pay off be more

Asked over 1 year ago - Milwaukee, WI

We both have same insurance and they on my side whyget a lawyer if It's all their fault and will my offer be more if I win

1. Michael C. Witt

Pro

8

Answered . This is a classic ultimate fact or "crystal ball" question that can't possibly be responded to as posed.

The lawyer that you hired is in the best position to discuss the merits of your case, and the process with you. Schedule an appointment to do so. Good luck.

2. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

6

Answered . There are not enough facts here for a lawyer to guess about the value of your case. However, your insurance company should retain a lawyer to defend you if the other side is blaming you. A personal injury lawyer will protect your interests and help you recover maximum value for your claim. An adjuster's allegiance is to the insurance company. They have an incentive to settle your claim for the least amount of money.

3. Heather A Lottmann

6

Answered . The pay off would generally not be more just because you win the issue of liability. The value of your claim is the value of your claim based on medical expenses incurred, injuries sustained, permanency of injuries, type of treatment received, wage loss and more. There are 2 main components to every claim: Liability and damages. What you and the other party are fighting about now is liability. Damages is a separate issue. You should be discussing this with the attorney you retained. That is what he is there for.

Pro

3

Answered . Always best to have a personal injury lawyer...one with a low contingency fee. Good luck.