In California what do I need to bring to prove I am not the registered owner of a car I had got a fix it ticket for.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Anaheim, CA

Got fix it ticket while driving sons car . was not registered and had no insurance . What proof do I bring to court to show I am not the owner . What if my son doesn't want to cooperate with paperwork , if any , he should provide to me ?

1. Michael J Silveira

Pro

1

Answered . I am quite sure that driving without registration is not an owner's responsibility ticket. You are liable for it as the driver of the car. You will need to provide proof of registration and insurance in order to reduce the fines.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . Hopefully the judge will accept your story. More important , hopefully the officer filled out ticket completly . Bring proof of your own insurance.