IN California how long does the DA have to file Charges against me on a Concealed weapons charge

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stockton, CA

I was walking down the street and the cops pull in front of me and started searching me. They found a loaded weapon on me. I went to jail and posted bond. I went to to court and the case wasn't file at the time and my bond was exonerated. So how long do the DA have to file charges against me? I haven't heard anything about the case.

1. Malosack Berjis

2

Answered . I'm going to edit the practice area of your post to "Criminal Defense."

2. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

Answered . Assuming that you get charged with a violation of Penal Code Section 25400(a)(2), a felony, they have three years to file charges. Assuming Misdemeanor, one year. There are many varieties of carrying a firearm, which can determine whether it is a felony or not, including, was it registered, was it stolen, did you have a prior conviction for this type of charge, did you have a felony conviction. I would make sure your address is current with the DMV and look out for a letter informing you that you have been charged. Then I would consult with an attorney and tell him what happened because you may have a search and seizure issue.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now