In California how long do you have to be unemployed to receive unemployment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Milpitas, CA

I quit my job in July for another job but the new job fell through so I filled for unemployment and was denied so I need to see how long to wait to re apply.

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

1

Answered . If you were denied because you quit your job, you will not be eligible until to become employed again and lose your job through no fault of your own. Simply waiting does not make you eligible. Your other option is to appeal the denial if you can show you quit for good cause.

2. Neil Pedersen

Answered . Mr. Kirschbaum is correct. If you are unemployed because you quit the last job you worked then you will not be eligible for unemployment insurance benefits until you again work for a qualified employer. In the mean time you will have to look for other public benefits to survive. Good luck to you.