In California, is the seller responsible for past due property taxes during a short sale?

Napa, CA |

If I want to short sale my home, will I be responsible for the past due property taxes I owe?

1. It is part of the negotiation with the bank and the buyer. If you just walk away from the property you will not be responsible for the taxes.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.