In California, is a point always issued for an at fault car accident?

Asked over 3 years ago - Los Alamitos, CA

I am hearing conflicting information, because according to the DMV, a point is always issued, but I hear from other sources that a ticket has to be issued for a point to show up. I was involved in an at fault accident, and the accident shows on MVR, but no point issued. What's the deal?

Pro

Answered . A ticket gets issued, and if you plead guilty, the dmv gets notified.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. Hussein Ali Chahine

Answered . Yes. At fault accidents are counted as one point.