In California, how do I write a letter to appear in court to fight a traffic ticket?

Menlo Park, CA |

This was for running a red light. It was a light that had a camera that takes your picture. I've never received a ticket for running red lights without sensors, but this is the second time I've been trapped by a sensor. It seems extremely unfair to me they enforce this law this way. It's the closest thing to trapping people into fines I've ever experienced.

Consult with a traffic attorney familiar with the judges and practices in the court where you received the ticket to explore your options.

Negotiating a good resolution given the circumstances of your case will take an attorney familiar with the policies and procedures of the court where the matter is pending.

It would be worth your while to check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Traffic tickets topics