In California, Can my spouse file for divorce while I am pregnant?

Asked over 4 years ago - Santa Cruz, CA

This is a terribly difficult pregnancy and it puts me at a disadvantage in replying to tough questions in a timely manner. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have serious pregnancy related health issues. Is there any way I can put it off until after the baby is born in August/September? I'm currently on bed rest due to sciatica and kidney stones

1. Steven Alan Fink

Answered . They can file no matter your health. Trial on division of property and discovery on that issue can be delayed for health reasons.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.