In CA, if both drivers are at fault in an accident, and the percentage of fault for each is agreed by both insurance companies,

San Jose, CA |

then later on an injured passenger suits one of the drivers, how likely the judge and/or the jury will modify the percentage of fault?

It is difficult to understand your question with no facts being provided. You should contact a personal injury attorney in your local area to discuss this with. Most personal attorneys provide free consultations. Good luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

The conclusions reached by the insurance companies have no binding effect on a judge or jury - in fact it is very unlikely that those percentages would ever be brought before the court. However if the insurance companies agree on something, that's an indication that they looked at the facts reasonably and it's a good prediction of what a jury might do.

A judge and jury can apportion fault how they see fit. The decision of the insurance companies is not decisive of the issue. If you were injured, you should hire a personal injury attorney to advocate for your position on liability and damages.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

The ins cos agreement will not be allowed into evidence in any injury claim by passenger. Their determination may be reasonable, but may not be. Often evidence is discovered or developed which affects the laibility percentage, which may not have been considered initially. Passenger should get consultation with local injury lawyer. I offer free consults and Im in downtown San Jose.

Robert 408-293-4000

There's a lot of misinformation and misunderstandings out there about fault and how it's determined for a motor vehicle accident either car v. car or car v. person or whatever.

There's some generalities that usually hold true, with exceptions, such as the pedestrian has the right of way and the dude who does the rear-ending is the dude at fault... but fault is only determined in two arenas... the Court or an arbitration proceeding... that is it... the rest can be considered opinions... sometimes quite persuasive opinions, but opinions none the less

Should one find himself or herself having to fight against an opinion of fault, he or she should use the insurance he or she has been paying handsomely for… as they will probably not agree… but sometimes one’s own insurance company is doing the accusing… in which case he or she may have to hire one of us personal injury attorney types to get the matter before a judge. Since many of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take personal injury cases on a contingent basis, there really is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

The judge or jury's decision is the one that is important.