In CA, a Person may be impeached with misdemeanor convictions (and conduct?) involving moral turpitude. what's moral turpitude?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pacifica, CA

more specifically, what constitutes moral turpitude? Petty Theft? Grand Theft? Aggravated Battery? Arson? Murder? Sexual assault charges?
It would be helpful if you could provide a list of what is or what isn't moral turpitude? As I understand it, it centers around honesty and the willingness of an individual to lie. But I am not too sure.
I ask this, primarily because, after the Patriot Act passed, I am little concerned that I may find myself in the unenviable position of a defendant in a criminal case pursued by overzealous prosecutors. I just want to be a little more informed, just in case.
Thanks in advance

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

4

Answered . Call us back when you get prosecuted. In the meantime good luck on that essay you are writing for your school.

2. Adam Laurence Pearlman

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . There are many crimes which are crimes of moral turpitude. All theft related crimes including petty theft, identity theft, burglary, robbery, and embezzlement. There are many more theft related crimes that I did not list which are crimes of moral turpitude. Domestic violence convictions are crimes of moral turpitude. It would be easier to tell an attorney what crimes you have been convicted of and the attorney can tell you if it is a crime of moral turpitude.

3. Stephen Andrew Hamer

1

Answered . Mr. Kaman states the truth. Moral Turpitude is stuff like lying/perjury, fraud etc. That's all you get.