In CA, are there any safety rules sub-contractors need to adhere to while making repairs.

San Juan Capistrano, CA |

While in a grocery store, repairs were being made to freezer doors by sub-contractors. No safety equipment/measures in plain view. Large glass door clasped and broke into little pieces, causing injury.

Obtain medical care & Contact a local personal injury attorney -many offer free initial consultations. It sounds like, based on the limited information provided, that you have a valid personal injury claim. Facts need to be investigated - also were any warning signs up or barriers etc etc. Did you report it to the store - Cal an Attorney ASAP

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Someone was most likely negligent if they didn't hang the door properly. I've handled cases like this before and there is usually video surveillance or witnesses that would show that the contractor was at fault. You should hire an attorney immediately.

Direct Line to Attorney: 877-427-2752 or Email: Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com; Website: www.KingofPi.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

It doesn't really matter because there appears to be negligence.

Just get a lawyer for representation.

We don't much care to the extent that safety rules are designed for the workplace, and it's doubtful than any safety rule is designed for customers. It appears that some type of safety glass was used, as in windshields, that avoided even greater injury. If the claim does not much exceed $10,000 the Small Claims Court may be an excellent avenue of relief, but a competent personal injury attorney might be a better deal in obtaining a settlement or assisting in Small Claims Court litigation.

If you were injured by the glass, cget treated, notify the store and hire a personal injury attornet to help you. He wil check all the video tapes, make the claim for you and worry about the safety rules. Best of luck.

ps.: the consultation is generally free.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.