In at will employment states,

Sioux City, IA |

OK so i was fired for my free speech that don't apply in the work place one more question the videos i make are telling truth about how women and men do one another in todays world and i talk about the double stander eds and i do no that this can make a lot mad at me for talking about this but its only truth i only say what i seen happen to so many so many times and i am sure that the women on my old job who seen my divs got pissed at me for doing this and this is why i was fired this women don't want a man to tell it as it relay is but i call all wrings men and women in my videos so any how i am sure its from me telling truth about men and women in todays world that pissed this women off who dune this to me is there any hang i can do what about what about The land known as North America

If there is a question here, I'm not sure what it is. If you have a question, please clarify.

You can reach our offices directly at (515) 288-6041. The comments listed here are of a general nature and should not be understood to create a formal attorney-client relationship -- that is, I am not, and I cannot give you legal advice here. I am licensed in Iowa and to become your attorney, I need to understand the particular facts and circumstances of your legal question.

I get that you were fired for your free speech in a private workplace, and I get that you make videos that have something to do with gender and double standards, but then you say you have a question. "[I]s there any hang i can do what about what about The land known as North America" is the only question I can find in what you wrote, and it doesn't make sense to me.

what i was trying to ask is this is this statment true our not true. The land known as North America has a number of jurisdiction as far as law is concerned. The first is Natural Law. You are subject to Natural Law because you are a part of Nature. The second is Common Law. You can choose to be subject to Common Law or not be subject to Common Law. If you choose to not be subject to Common Law you take on the lawful status of an outlaw and you may not gain aid or support from anyone else

L. Maxwell Taylor

L. Maxwell Taylor

You appear to have been snookered by the "freeman on the land" or "sovereign citizens" ideologies. They are wrongheaded and won't help you. Have a look here: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

thanks for showing me this i mean that thanks one last thang to ask is the constitution suppose to be the law of are land and if it is how can this be . you're not a government employee. The First Amendment prohibits only the government from restricting free speech. It does not keep private companies or individuals from restricting free speech and specifically does not prohibit private employers from restricting the free speech of their employees. That's why you have an employment issue and not a constitutional issue. this is what thurlls me off

L. Maxwell Taylor

L. Maxwell Taylor

The Constitution says Congress can't make a law restricting freedom of speech. It was applied to state governments later, so state governments can't restrict freedom of speech. But private employers can definitely restrict what you say and, with some exceptions, fire you if they don't like it. But you don't have to work for that employer in the first place, you are free to find an employer who suits you better and doesn't take offense to your speech.

Reading between the lines to the utmost degree (!), it seems that you were fired for making some videos that were objectionable to co-workers and brought to your employer's attention. This is not a free speech issue. Your free speech rights are a protection against the government. If you were fired because the women at your workplace went to your employer and stated that they were uncomfortable working with you because of statements in your videos, you were most likely lawfully terminated. If you were represented by a union, you could talk to the union about appealing, but the union has to represent those co-workers, too, so don't be surprised at any decision the union might reach declining to go forward.

You simply can't expect to do what you want to do with no care for the consequences unless you are prepared to live up to that code by not beefing about the consequences of what you do. It's as simple as that.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

thats sad thats called gurp thank thats called not allowing someone to say as thay feel in there own life thats also called in slaveing someone to what one tells them to thank feel our be in there life at list i see why the us is falling and will fall now grup thank no one can us there own brain any more evion at home in there own life i never told our passed out my youtube page to any one at work may be i was uncomfortable with a women for her own right to what she belivens in so now with what you just sead i could now make truble in her life get her fired from her job and it would be lawfully for me to do so so what i see is evil all the way sad how evil rules now

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

May I with all sincerity and respect recommend to you an adult-ed course in written English skills? Improvement in that skill set could make a measurable difference in your earning power and your marketability for new employment. Your implicit threat to make trouble in the life of someone else at your former employment is just going down a bad path. You already know that, and don't need anyone here to tell you that such retaliation would be unwise, self-destructive, and that there is now a detectible evidentiary path directly to you in the event. You owe yourself a higher standard of conduct.