In Arkansas can you fight the cohabitation law?

Asked about 1 year ago - North Little Rock, AR

I have moved in with my girl friend and her son. My ex wife wont allow my son to stay the night but yet she lives with people she claims are just her friends but they're both the opposite sex. How is this fair? She doesn't have her own house, i do and she is also living with people just like i am.

1. Scott Allen Scholl

Pro

3

Answered . There are a number of factors that you have to consider, including the language of the decree and sometimes even the particular judge that is presiding over your case.

With that said, the Court is unlikely to excuse you violating the order against cohabitation simply because your ex-wife is violating it.

You can take a copy of your decree to an attorney for a consultation on enforcing the no-cohabitation clause against her, if you wish.