Skip to main content

In Arkansas can you fight the cohabitation law?

North Little Rock, AR |

I have moved in with my girl friend and her son. My ex wife wont allow my son to stay the night but yet she lives with people she claims are just her friends but they're both the opposite sex. How is this fair? She doesn't have her own house, i do and she is also living with people just like i am.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. There are a number of factors that you have to consider, including the language of the decree and sometimes even the particular judge that is presiding over your case.

    With that said, the Court is unlikely to excuse you violating the order against cohabitation simply because your ex-wife is violating it.

    You can take a copy of your decree to an attorney for a consultation on enforcing the no-cohabitation clause against her, if you wish.

    This response is for information purposes only, it does not create any attorney-client relationship. Responses to questions posted on this Forum are of a general nature only. Because it is not possible to have all of the facts of your issue addressed in this forum, you should consult with an attorney to review the unique circumstances specific to your situation.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics