In arkansas, Is it legal to use a pink pen on a legal document?

Conway, AR |

I work at a hotel and our guests have to sign registration slips to agree to rate, smoking and pet policy, and for general liability. Some staff members are having guests sign these tickets in pink ink. It looks tacky. I remember hearing somewhere that only blue and black were considered legal for ink. Is this true in arkansas?

1. It is not true. The law does not specify what color ink is required for a contract. It has been a long business practice of some banks to require either black ink or blue ink on their documents - but that is an internal policy that was likely driven by the limitations of early photocopiers and not something dictated by law.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Business topics