In Arizona, will you get stopped at the airport for having a bench warrant for a FTA on a DUI?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

Will the TSA alert the police of any bench warrants?

1. Brent D Harris

Answered . I've never heard of TSA running background checks on people traveling, they're usually limited to making sure that the flying public is safe; however, that doesn't mean that it can't happen. You should probably send a letter to the court asking to quash the warrant or get an attorney to help you.

2. Keola Aiona Siu

1

Answered . I do not know what the TSA's current policy is. I would suggest clearing up that warrant before travel because you never know when you could be pulled over for a minor traffic offense and end up being arrested because of an outstanding warrant and totally ruining your trip. Also it will not make any Judge happy hearing you were arrested on their warrant trying to leave the state or in another state which I can guarantee will impact the sentence you receive in a negative way. If you do fly to another state and are arrested and extradited back to AZ you will also be on the hook for extraditions costs as well. This is a bad idea, stay home, call your attorney and work out the best course of action for taking care of this warrant.