In Arizona, will you get stopped at the airport for having a bench warrant for a FTA on a DUI?

Phoenix, AZ |

Will the TSA alert the police of any bench warrants?

I do not know what the TSA's current policy is. I would suggest clearing up that warrant before travel because you never know when you could be pulled over for a minor traffic offense and end up being arrested because of an outstanding warrant and totally ruining your trip. Also it will not make any Judge happy hearing you were arrested on their warrant trying to leave the state or in another state which I can guarantee will impact the sentence you receive in a negative way. If you do fly to another state and are arrested and extradited back to AZ you will also be on the hook for extraditions costs as well. This is a bad idea, stay home, call your attorney and work out the best course of action for taking care of this warrant.

I've never heard of TSA running background checks on people traveling, they're usually limited to making sure that the flying public is safe; however, that doesn't mean that it can't happen. You should probably send a letter to the court asking to quash the warrant or get an attorney to help you.

Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional counsel from an attorney. Use of this web site and/or transmission of information to the firm is not intended to create, and should not be construed as creating, an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any of its attorneys. If you choose to communicate with the firm or any of its attorneys or other personnel through this web site, do not transmit any confidential or sensitive information by e-mail until you have spoken to an attorney from our firm either by telephone or in person. This web site may be considered advertising under applicable laws and ethical rules. The Law Offices of Brent D. Harris, PLLC do not seek to represent anyone in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.