In Arizona, Is There A Fiduciary Relationship Between A Dentist And A Patient?

Asked 8 months ago - Chandler, AZ

Does a fiduciary duty exist between a dentist and a patient? Or does that only apply to actual medical doctors?

1. Richard Todd Rosenstein

5

1

Answered . Dentists have the same duties and responsibilities to their patients as any other type of doctor.

Pro

3

1

Answered . The fiduciary duty owed by a doctor to a patient is confidentiality, and it would apply the same from dentist to patient. However, there is no private right to sue under HIPAA for this.

3. Jason Alexander Richman

2

Answered . I am afraid that I do not know what you are asking... What is it that you would have wanted your Dentist to do that he did not do? Is this a billing or insurance issue? If you are more specific in your question, the answers that you receive will be more useful.

4. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

2

Answered . There is not a fiduciary relationship. Rather the doctor wones you a duty to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances and to maintain your right of privacy.

5. Jennifer L. Ellis

Pro

Answered . Dentists can commit dental malpractice just as doctors can commit medical malpractice, assuming that is what you mean.