In Alabama, if a third party knows that a person may be paying child support for a child that is not theirs can they report it?

Asked over 2 years ago - Dothan, AL

There is a person I know that has a question about the paternity of a child. He is paying child support. Can a third party report the possibility of fraud?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You've got a lot going on, here, and need to address it . . . soon.

    Until you do, you're wasting your children's money. Stop that. Your kids deserve the support.

    You should hire a lawyer.

Related Topics

Child support

Child support is a payment made from one parent to another parent (usually from non-custodial to custodial), to help ensure the child's financial needs are met.

Child support and paternity tests

Before paying (or asking for) child support, paternity test(s) can be done to establish legal parenthood in cases where it's not clear who a child's father is.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Paternity

This legal guide explains paternity, as well as related issues to the subject, such as paternity tests and child support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,661 answers this week

3,504 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,661 answers this week

3,504 attorneys answering