In a SR mobile home park , if we also own a 2nd home & split time 50/50 beween them is the mobile home "owner occupied"?

Grass Valley, CA |

We are being told that the home must be "owner occupied" and that you cannot just own it in name and let someone else live there. If we spend an average of 3-4 days a week there is that still considered owner occupied? How much time does the owner need to actualy be there to have the mobile home meet this park rule? Is there any way they can insist we be there all the time and not have a second home we split time with?

1. The "owner occupied" clause generally is a prohibition on rentals. So, if you live there part time, it is still "owner-occuped".

I am not a CA attorney, laws vary from state to state, therefore you should always consult a local attorney.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

2. I agree with Mr. Millar. The lease refers to who occupies the unit, not how much time the occupant is there. A residence that you only stayed in one night a year would still be owner-occupied so long as you did not rent it to anyone else.