In a SR mobile home park , if we also own a 2nd home & split time 50/50 beween them is the mobile home "owner occupied"?

Asked about 1 year ago - Grass Valley, CA

We are being told that the home must be "owner occupied" and that you cannot just own it in name and let someone else live there. If we spend an average of 3-4 days a week there is that still considered owner occupied? How much time does the owner need to actualy be there to have the mobile home meet this park rule? Is there any way they can insist we be there all the time and not have a second home we split time with?

1. James Carl Eschen III

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Millar. The lease refers to who occupies the unit, not how much time the occupant is there. A residence that you only stayed in one night a year would still be owner-occupied so long as you did not rent it to anyone else.

2. Michael T Millar

Pro

1

Answered . The "owner occupied" clause generally is a prohibition on rentals. So, if you live there part time, it is still "owner-occuped".

I am not a CA attorney, laws vary from state to state, therefore you should always consult a local attorney.