IN A SHELBY COUNTY TENNESSEE DIVORCE WHAT FORM SHOULD I FILL OUT IF COURT AWARDED PROPERTY WAS NEVER GIVEN TO ME BY MY EX SPOUSE

Asked about 2 years ago - Cordova, TN

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME OUT!!! I DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY SO IM TRYING TO FIND AND FILL OUT THE CORRECT FORMS AS BEST AS POSSIBLE!!!

1. David Craig Lee

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . First of all, why are you shouting? Using all capitals is considered to be akin to shouting. It's just as easy to type in lower case, and save the capital letters for the first letter of the first word in a sentence.

All you need to do is type up a Motion for Contempt. Use another document in your court case, and type the Court, Parties, Certificate of Service verbatim. In the body of the Motion, you would state who is filing and why. State exactly what was awarded and that it was never turned over. Be forthright. Explain your actions in attempting to get the property, and perhaps you could attach letters you've written asking for the property. At the end of the motion, ask that the other party be held in contempt. Be sure to mail a copy to the other party as you've certified in the certificate of service. Hand carry the original and file it personally. And please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't use all capitals!

2. Patti Jon Burton Garner

Pro

4

1

Answered . It sounds like you have a contempt issue to be addressed with the court. I am not aware of a "form" to use for that request. I would suggest calling local legal aid office to see if they can help or provide you with the name of an affordable attorney for you.

3. George Lawrence Rice III

Pro

2

1

Answered . The correct form to fill out is "A New Client Information" form in a lawyer's office. You critically need a lawyer. Contempt can be difficult for trained attorneys.

4. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

1

Answered . Other than legal aid maybe you can try a local law school and see of they have a clinic to help you.