IN A SHELBY COUNTY TENNESSEE DIVORCE WHAT FORM SHOULD I FILL OUT IF COURT AWARDED PROPERTY WAS NEVER GIVEN TO ME BY MY EX SPOUSE

Cordova, TN |

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME OUT!!! I DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY SO IM TRYING TO FIND AND FILL OUT THE CORRECT FORMS AS BEST AS POSSIBLE!!!

First of all, why are you shouting? Using all capitals is considered to be akin to shouting. It's just as easy to type in lower case, and save the capital letters for the first letter of the first word in a sentence.

All you need to do is type up a Motion for Contempt. Use another document in your court case, and type the Court, Parties, Certificate of Service verbatim. In the body of the Motion, you would state who is filing and why. State exactly what was awarded and that it was never turned over. Be forthright. Explain your actions in attempting to get the property, and perhaps you could attach letters you've written asking for the property. At the end of the motion, ask that the other party be held in contempt. Be sure to mail a copy to the other party as you've certified in the certificate of service. Hand carry the original and file it personally. And please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't use all capitals!

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Thank you. This response may provide information relating to potential legal issues. Nevertheless, your review of any information contained herein is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified legal counsel. For this reason, you should not rely on this response as a source of legal advice. Your use of this information does not create any attorney-client agreement. In order to become a client of David C. Lee, you must negotiate a specific attorney–client agreement with an attorney from this law office.

2. It sounds like you have a contempt issue to be addressed with the court. I am not aware of a "form" to use for that request. I would suggest calling local legal aid office to see if they can help or provide you with the name of an affordable attorney for you.

If you find this answer helpful, please let other readers know by marking the answer as "helpful". No discussion on this board is intended to replace the advice or consultation when all facts are disclosed and pleadings reviewed. No attorney client relationship is established by initiating this discussion with the attorney. For further discussion, I can be contacted by phone at 615-452-4423 or my email at Patti@pattibgarner.com. Most consultations are free. My office is located in Gallatin, TN and I am licensed to practice in the state of Tennessee.

3. Other than legal aid maybe you can try a local law school and see of they have a clinic to help you.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

4. The correct form to fill out is "A New Client Information" form in a lawyer's office. You critically need a lawyer. Contempt can be difficult for trained attorneys.