In a mobil-home park can the parks owner legally make you rent one of his garages for an additional $40.00 to your lot rent ?

Freeport, MN |

I'm the owner of a mobil home I'm trying to sell located in a mobil home park and I lost several potential buyers because the parks owner now stipulated they had to rent a garage also which they didn't need or want because of the additional $40.00 per month charge for it
renting the garage when added to the monthly lot rent was then considerated too costly.

1. What does the lease agreement say?
    It may also be a local requirement (zoning) to reduce the amount of clutter around mobile homes.

How long has this $40.00 garage rule been in effect?

AVVO DISCLAIMER
    I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

Landlord-tenant law topics