In a lawsuit what does it mean when the paperwork say:

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Litigation

Final order removing case from printout. Our case haves already been settled and all I'm waiting for is my check. But in the miami Dade clerk of court docket it says .. final order removing case from printout. What does that mean?

You should direct your legal questions to your attorney he or she is the best position to answer questions pertaining to your mater. It likely means your matter has been moved off the Court's calender or removed from the Judge's pending cases. This for you likely means boat drinks. Cheers.

Of course, as always this answer is general in nature, applies only to Illinois law, assumes certain facts omitted from the question and does not take into account any facts specific to any person’s particular circumstances. No attorney/client relation is created hereunder and I highly recommend you seek first the counsel and advice of an experienced contested civil litigator prior to taking any actions relating to this matter, as seemingly insignificant actions may have unintended consequences.

James Gregory Las Cola

James Gregory Las Cola

You should direct your legal questions to your attorney as he or she is in the best position to answer questions pertaining to your matter. It likely means your matter has been moved off the Court's calendar or removed from the Judge's pending cases. This for you likely means boat drinks. Cheers.

Thank you Mr. Gregory your answer was the best

Clifford M. Miller

Clifford M. Miller

Could it be "removing case from trial docket"? That just means the case was settled and will not be tried. There are only two ways the case can be closed after settlement, by a voluntary dismissal with prejudice, or by a stipulation and order for dismissal with prejudice.

Likely means the case has been dismissed or will be soon, and is no longer an active case. Ask your lawyer.

Thank you Mr.Kopelson. Your answer was a great help :)

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Youre welcome. Good luck to you.

I agree with my colleagues, if the case is settled, the entry likely means that the court has received a stipulation of dismissal and is removing the case from its active case list. However, it could be dismissed for any number of reasons and you should call your attorney and ask for guidance.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Litigation topics