In a divorce case, husband hiding bank accounts and transferred money to foreign bank. How he can be compelled to give details.

Torrance, CA |

in the divorce case all bank accounts and investments in husband name were handled by him only. He never allowed joint account with wife. He filed Tax returns jointly with wife but never gave operation of any financial matters. How can wife now approach law authorities or any Federal or State agency to get the deatils of hidden account and investments deposited in different banks whose names are not clearly known to her. The husband keeps on transferring money from one bank to other banks frequently. How to get division of financial assets in divorce case pending in the court . court wants recent bank statements and details. What to do ?

1. Get yourself a top flight divorce attorney who will aggressively work for you. This attorney should be one who is known to be a "bulldog" and relentless. Ask around, talk to people to get a recommendation.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.

Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , his website is www.sjfpc.com. and his blog is

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , his website is www.sjfpc.com. and his blog is <http://frommtaxes.wordpress.com/> Mr. Fromm is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Pennsylvania law. Any references to a trust, estate or tax lawyer refer only to the fact that Mr. Fromm limits his practice to these areas of the law. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received. By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

2. You do need very qualified legal counsel. An experienced family law attorney has probably addressed the issue that you have identified several times in his or her practice. Depending on the amount of money at issue the lawyer will probably engage an investigator who is experienced in this area. All of that said the discovery process will require that the husband testify under oath about his/their assets and any transfers that he has made. If he commits perjury and it can be proven he can also be subject to criminal penalties.

This is a general answer only and you should seek the advice of counsel to address facts specific to your circumstances.

3. ask the Court. in the most egregious of cases, he can be jailed until he comes clean. There is a man in New York who has been in jail for years and years, he is so stubborn.

This is general legal information, not intended to apply to your specific case. And I may not be licensed to practice in your particular state. Under Federal Law, I am a debt relief agent.

4. there is a man in New York who has been sitting in jail for years and years because he is too stubborn to reveal the truth about the family's bank accounts. you can drive a horse to water, but can't make it drink it. most other cases, however, once the Judge starts cracking the whip, information starts coming out, in dribs and drabs.

5. there is a man in New York who has been sitting in jail for years and years because he is too stubborn to reveal the truth about the family's bank accounts. you can drive a horse to water, but can't make it drink it. most other cases, however, once the Judge starts cracking the whip, information starts coming out, in dribs and drabs.