In a deed of trust, does the trustor and beneficiary need to both sign and notarize or just the trustor.

Asked about 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

I am the trustor and i know i have to sign but there is no space on the Deed stating "signature of beneficiary." Do they not need to sign?

1. John Russell Sorensen

5

Answered . In a typical loan transaction , in which real estate is encumbered, only the borrower--the trustor--executes the trust deed. If there is any question, you should have an attorney review the document. My office has assisted a number clients in such transactions for over past twenty-five years. Let us know if we can be of assistance

2. Daniel Edward Hanley

5

Answered . Only the trustor needs to sign the Deed of Trust. The Deed of Trust secures a promise (usually to pay) in the form of a promissory note. The Trustor signs the note as well as the Deed of Trust again solely.

3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . I agree-only the trustor needs to needs to sign.