In a current IV-D case where child support has already been ordered to be pay through an Income Deduction Order, does a

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

separate Income Deduction Order have to be signed by a judge when a new order lowering child support has been awarded?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would say "yes" and you need to make sure that the Order does get entered or your employer will continue to withhold the greater amount. I would check with the judge's judicial assistant to see if they prepare an amended IDO. They might with pro se parties but you need to make sure that your employer receives it as well. Make sure to follow up right away......good luck.

    Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, a new Income Withholding Order for Support does need to be entered.

    The above post is not intended as specific legal advice, since not all pertinent facts are known to the posting attorney. This answer does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

    Eileen D. Jacobs, Esq.
    Office: 2505 W. Virginia Avenue
    Tampa, FL 33607
    (813) 877-9600
    Mailing: P.O. Box 14953
    Clearwater, Florida 33766-4953
    (727) 787-6595

  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . DOR now uses IWOs, or Income Withholding Orders under the new statute. A new one needs to be signed by the IV-D Hearing Officer. Good luck.

    This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq.... more
  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you need to be proactive to ensure that a new order is entered. Once the money is paid, there is no guarantee that you will get it back. You can find a Florida Supreme Court issued Income Deduction Order template at

Related Topics

Child support arrears

Child support arrears refers to support payments that are past due. There are several available options for collecting (or repaying) unpaid child support.

Child support modification

Either parent can request modification of a child support order due to changes in circumstances, such as different income or major changes in the child's needs.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now