In a civil trial, when a judgement is made in favor of the plaintiff, does the judge also determine the reward on the same day ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

1. J. Garry Rooney

1

1

Answered . I would need some additional information on your particular case, but my answer would be : not always. While the judge may have ruled in favor of one party, there may be calculations that need to be done before the amount is awarded.

2. Harry Thomas Hackney

1

Answered . Unless the matter has been bifurcated so that the issue of liability is decided first and then the amount of the damages, the judgment that is entered for the plaintiff will include the amount of the damages. Frequently, there may be a delay between the time that a judge finds in favor of a party and the actual entry of a judgment in their favor, but the final judgment will most of the time address both who is liable and the amount of the damages, if any.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . Did you mean award? Probably.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239