Skip to main content

In a child custody case, if the father has a DUI and a drug charge, how do i limit his parenting time with our son?

Saint Charles, IL |

During the court case the father got a DUI charge and a drug charge. I feel that my son isn't safe when he goes with his father.

Attorney Answers 1


You need to go hire a family law attorney in Illinois who will discuss the details and current state of family law in your state with you. After this, the next step for you would be to file a motion to modify custody and bring these new developments to the attention of a family court judge. If you are unable to hire an attorney, most counties in California have a "family law facilitator" who will guide you through the process and help you bring the motion to modify custody yourself. I would hope that your state has equivalent resources for those representing themselves. Also, many law school have family law clinics that may be of assistance to you. Best of luck to you in resolving this matter.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics